Hi, and thanks for visiting my website. I thought I’d write a few notes for you on how I work. As you can see from the photographs, I do a broad range of projects, from kitchen remodels to large scale estate homes. You might wonder why I still do such a broad range of work, but I can tell you that in my experience, it’s less about scale than it is about people. I work with people, all kinds of people, and I draw my inspiration from their hopes and dreams. So whether it’s a kitchen remodel or a complete home, my focus is on bringing those hopes and dreams into reality. That simple principle has been the core of my practice for twenty years!
In the course of my work I do many things that are more technical than creative, as it takes both technical skill and creativity to make a project come together successfully, but when I get to sit down at my drawing table with my pencil in hand the creative process that unfolds is what makes me love my work.
So here are some of the necessary technical elements of what I do:
- Interface with project engineers - structural, geotechnical and other specialties.
- Manage the permit process with the City and advocate for timely performance.
- Work with the builder of your choice before and during construction.
- Provide site review prior to design.
And here’s the creative side of what I do:
- Listen very carefully to my clients to understand their vision and needs.
- Develop an architectural style that most suites my clients vision.
- Introduce my clients to ideas that might delight and expand their vision.
- Relate the site to the building so they are in harmony and compliment one another.
- Design with practicality in mind without sacrificing beauty.
- Bring light, grace and a certain magic to each project, no matter how big or small.
- Work in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with lots of wonderful people.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my website. I look forward to working with you!!
Please feel free to send me an email email@example.com or better yet give me a call (206-842-8410) if you have any questions.